Saturday, February 3, 2007

Never Forget




I know how life is. we see a horrific accident with many killed and maimed, or how many lost their lives that day in Iraq. We think how awful it is for the individuals and their families. We talk about it for a couple of days then something else catches our eye, and the thing that happened last week is pushed to the back of our minds. That is how it works.

My life ended that morning of January 26,2005 along with my husband's. The difference being, that I walk this earth in my empty shell trying to find my way.He was one of the eleven that trusted the Metrolink. He believed that they would never do anything to put him or anyone else in harms way. The problem is that this tragic derailment was avoidable! It has been a well-known fact since the 1980's that the 'Push-Pull' system, as is used on the Metrolink trains in Los Angeles, is an extremely dangerous system. So much so that those within the transportation industry refer to the first car of the pushed train (where my husband was sitting) the "COFFIN CAR". It did not get that name by accident.

I will post some pictures to remind us of what happened on that day and all the lives that were lost and forever changed.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.