Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Manuel would have hated this day!  Today he would have been 60 years old.  Yes.  I said 60!  He loved and lived life with such a passion, filling the moments peeking around every corner for another great adventure.  He always felt as if the years were unfolding much too fast, so he raced to try to stay ahead of his enemy, time.
There was another side.  A side that treasured a celebration!  Nothing could please him more than to be surrounded by his family, I mean all of  his family, and his precious lifetime friends!  He would find a moment to catch up with each aunt, uncle, cousin or friend to see what is happening in their lives.  There would be so much laughter and love around us.  And, throughout the night there would be hugs, many hugs.  Not a small pat on the back hug, but a huge, tight, genuine hug that said, "I love you and thank God you are in my life!"  I think that is what I am missing most about my sweet, sweet Manuel today!  Happy Sixtieth Birthday, Honey!

No comments: